Bunnings has dominated the competition in a contest over Australia’s top 100 online retailers. Here are all the big winners.
The Australia’s top 100 online retailers have been revealed, with a popular household hardware chain taking out the top gong.
Leading e-commerce platform Power Retail hosted the event called “The All Star Bash” at the Crown Melbourne on Wednesday.
More than 1000 guests found out that Bunnings Warehouse beat Woolworths for the No.1 spot.
It is the second consecutive year the household hardware chain has won the award.
Leading retailers like Kmart, Adore Beauty, Woolworths, Coles, JB Hi-Fi, Kogan, The Iconic, Cotton On and Cue were also in attendance.
Nathan Brown, the chief of Global Marketplace, the parent company of market-leading brands Click Frenzy and Power Retail, said the nation’s businesses, employees and consumers had been through unprecedented levels of change throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
But he said it was clear that the growth in online retail was here to stay.
“We have seen many companies doubling down on e-commerce and investing not just for profits today but growth tomorrow,” Mr Brown said.
“For retailers to maintain their relevance for consumers, they need to keep evolving and growing.”
Retailer performance was analyzed over four key dimensions of the consumer life cycle – acquisition, conversion, fulfillment and retention.
More than three million data points across 41 separate metrics – including search capabilities, shopper time on-site, accessibility, delivery options, payment options and pages viewed by session – were incorporated to identify where retailers succeeded and could improve.
TOP 20 ONLINE RETAILERS
- Bunnings Warehouse
- JB Hi-Fi
- Chemist Warehouse
- Big W
- Cotton On
- david jones
- Temple & Webster
- The Good Guys
- Michael Hill
ALL STAR BASH AWARD CATEGORY WINNERS
- No. 1 Online Retailer: Bunnings Warehouse
- Top Emerging Online Retailer: Lyre’s
- Most Improved Online Performance: Trenery
- Top Fashion & Accessories Retailer: Cotton On
- Best Email Marketing: Adore Beauty
- Top Home & Decor Retailer: Spotlight
- Top User Experience: Showpo
- Top Beauty Retailer: Chemist Warehouse
- Top Innovator: Cue
- Top Electrical & Office Retailer: JB Hi-Fi
- Top Small-Medium Retailer: Sportitude
- Top Sustainable Retailer: Biome
- Top Sports & Outdoor Retailer: Rebel
- Top Customer Experience: Appliances Online
- Top Department Store: Kmart
- Top Mobile Experience: Kathmandu
- Top Social Retailer: Showpo
- Top Online Only: Wrestling
- Top Personalization: Birdsnest
- Top Loyalty Program: Mecca
- Top Marketing Initiative: Wittner
- Subscription Commerce Platform: Who Gives A Crap
- Top Australian Marketplaces: Kogan
- All Star Legends: Naomi Simson and Ruslan Kogan