The Massachusetts Institute of Technology published an article in which it talks about what will happen to the globe in the event of a nuclear war with the participation of Russia, the United States, France and Britain.
According to the institute, these would be the results of a nuclear war:
1. More than 5 billion people will die as a result of nuclear explosions and their radiation, as a result of starvation.
2. Black dust will block the sun’s rays from the Earth for ten years.
3. The first nuclear explosions will result in severe electromagnetic waves that will disrupt the work of all communications and equipment.
4. At the moment of the explosion, fireballs will descend directly into the streets of large cities, and their temperature will be so high that the asphalt will turn into a hot liquid.
5. Large cities will become the main target of nuclear strikes due to the presence of important military and economic facilities there.
6. The air defense of the belligerent countries will not be of any use, and the missiles will fly freely and strike their targets, and there is no escape or salvation from them.
7. Two weeks after the nuclear strikes, the entire northern hemisphere will be covered in a black cloud that the sun’s rays cannot penetrate.
8. It will get 20 degrees colder, plants and animals will die, there will be no food, and people will start dying of hunger.
9. 99% of the population of the United States, Russia, Europe and China will perish from a nuclear winter, the consequences of which could last for years.