The driver of the Pantsir-S system documented the moment his vehicle was subjected to what he believed were attacks carried out by Ukrainian commercial FPV drones.
The price of the FPV drone is about 5-600 USD while the Pantsir-S system costs about 14 million USD.
Video of what I believe is a FPV drone attacking a Russian Pantsir-S air defense system.
The price for a FPV drone is around 5-600 USD while the Pantsir-S cost around 14 million USD.
— Def Mon (@DefMon3) June 1, 2023
It is not clear what kind of damage the Pantsir system suffered.
The Pantsir missile system is a family of ballistic, medium-range surface-to-air missiles and anti-aircraft artillery systems. Three types of vehicles make up one system: a missile launcher, a radar truck, and a command post.
• Designer: JSC KBP Instrument Design Bureau
• Manufacturer: Ulyanovsk Mechanical Plant
• Number of built systems: 200+
Secondary armament: two twin 30 mm (1.2 in) 2A38M cannons
• Unit cost: 13.15 – 14.67 million US dollars (export version)
Specifications of the 57E6-E missile
• Propellant: a solid fuel rocket
Operational range: 18 km (11 miles)
• Flight altitude: 15 km (49,000 ft)
• Increment time: 1.5 seconds
• Maximum speed: 1,300 m/s (Mach 3.8) when the booster is detached. 780 m/s (Mach 2.3) at a distance of 18 km (11 mi)
• Guidance system: radio/optical command guidance
The “Pantsir-S1” system in the context of the Russian special operation in Ukraine provides air defense for important Russian assets, in addition to protecting units of the Russian Armed Forces from enemy air attack weapons.
According to Russian sources, a Russian short-range “Pantsir-S1” air defense system destroyed a Ukrainian “Bayraktar TB2” drone at a distance of 18 km.